Monday, February 22, 2010

First night and full day at home.

Otis was an angel last night. In his crate for a full night and not a peep from him. His pain medication had worn off by the time we woke him up, but you wouldn't have known it by the way he greeted us. We fed him, gave him water, and gave him his pain/anti-inflammatory medicine, which must be taken with food. He went out and used the bathroom, and then we iced his wounds to reduce the swelling. He doesn't mind it at all (in this photo, he's watching the cat run around...which makes for a good distraction, but a tempting one):


And then we gave him his massage, which tickles him, I think. It's adorable. Notice his low, submissive ears? He just loves when daddy gives him his massage three times/day.

We then went to work all day, and when I returned home in the afternoon he was just as sweet and just as wonderful...

Well, OK, so let me be a little honest...he's a bit of a handful outside, I must admit. He was trying to drag me around the yard and when I tried to get him to go inside he put on the brakes and I had to do a major correction to get him to keep going. I think that's the only time he's really starting to rebel against us, and I imagine it will only get more difficult as he continues to heal.

One day down on our road to recovery...many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment