Monday, March 22, 2010

X-rays

Thought it'd be fun to share his x-rays with the world...so here they are:


Above: First x-rays showing dysplasia in both hips. Notice that his right side (our left) is worse.
Above: This is a different view of his hips before surgery. Notice how his sockets aren't perfectly round around the femoral head.


Here you can see x-rays from surgery 1 (on the right hip--the worst one) and from surgery 2 (with both sets of plates and screws). He's laying somewhat sideways on the surgery 2 photo. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I hope you still check this blog, I just found it as I was researching for people with dogs with hip displasia. My one year old german shepherd was diagnosed just yesterday with hip displasia. As you may know, it is so devastating, my heart feels broken right now especially because her displasia is very advanced, her x-rays look similar to Otis'. We were told that they could do hip replacement on her, in which they would cut part of her femoral bone and put a prosthetic there but as I look at Otis' X-rays it doesn't look as if that was what was done to him so I just wanted to ask if it is a different surgery or if it was actually a hip replacement. I really hope to get an answer as I am feeling at such a loss right now and knowing that she may deteriorate fast is really devastating.
    Thank you and I'm so glad Otis is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete