Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One year anniversary of "the news" is coming up.

I've been thinking about this a lot as the anniversary of the day approaches when we found out about Otis's hip dysplasia. I started this blog on February 11th, 2010, in the midst of confusion and frustration about our fate. Otis was then just a relatively new addition to our young family.

The past year has been the craziest year ever. Otis has bilateral hip dysplasia surgery. We buy our first house...et cetera. But I've also learned a lot about what it means to love someone/thing so much that it hurts. I don't think I've ever had that feeling before. I imagine that's what new parents say when they have a baby for the first time...

So, to Otis--I love you, my little golden bear.

3 comments:

  1. Otis,

    You lucky lucky boy!! I'm so glad you got the surgeries and you're doing so well!! Kudos to your mom and dad, here's hoping for a long healthy and painfree life!!

    Summer's still coping without surgery, not so great! She wasn't a candidate for TPOs at diagnosis and we're waiting on a THR..

    Cheers!!

    Cheryl and Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Summer's ongoing troubles. :-( Hope the THR provides some well-deserved relief!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to let you know how much i appreciate your blog. Our 5 month old Giant Schnoodle puppy was just diagnosed with hip dysplasia as well and it looks like surgery is in her near future. There are so few resources, and nothing that i've seen similar to this that gives you a real perspective of what the recovery is like. We are so worried about her and one of my biggest fears is doing something to damage the surgery or not doing something right! Anyways, just wanted you to know that you were a great help and reassurance to me and i so much appreciate the thought, time, and effort you took to write this. Thank you!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete